Are the Boston Celtics too top heavy? Will the Antetokounmpo-Lillard be too much for the opposition? Ahead of opening night of the 2023-24 NBA season, let’s take a look at the biggest burning question facing each Eastern Conference team.
We’re coming off a somewhat bizarre Week 6 in the NFL.
The Browns with a backup quarterback handed the 49ers their first loss and the Jets defence shut out the Eagles during a second-half comeback to spell Philly from the ranks of the undefeated. Heck, the Bills were even one end zone incompletion away from losing to the Giants.
The NFL’s low scoring was also prevalent with 26 of the 30 teams in action posting 21 or fewer points. What can fans expect this week?
The Cowboys, Bengals, Jets, Titans, Texans and Panthers are on bye, but the five 5-1 teams at the top of the standings are all in action and three of them are featured in prime time.
SPREADS & TOTALS
– LV (-2.5) at CHI (+2.5) | O/U: 37.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– CLE (-3.0) at IND (+3.0) | O/U: 40.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– BUF (-8.5) at NE (+8.5) | O/U: 40.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– WAS (-2.5) at NYG (+2.5) | O/U: 40.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– ATL (+2.5) at TB (-2.5) | O/U: 37.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– DET (+3.0) at BAL (-3.0) | O/U: 43.5 (1:00 p.m. ET)
– PIT (+3.0) at LAR (-3.0) | O/U: 43.5 (4:05 p.m. ET)
– ARI (+7.5) at SEA (-7.5) | O/U: 44.5 (4:05 p.m. ET)
– GB (-1.5) at DEN (+1.5) | O/U: 45.0 (4:25 p.m. ET)
– LAC (+5.5) at KC (-5.5) | O/U: 47.5 (4:25 p.m. ET)
– MIA (+2.5) at PHI (-2.5) | O/U: 51.5 (8:20 p.m. ET)
– SF (-7.0) at MIN (+7.0) | O/U: 44.0 (8:15 p.m. ET*Monday)
There has been an abundance of low-scoring games early this season, and unders bettors have been loving life. That was especially the case in Week 6 when unders went 12-3. Can fans expect some regression as we enter the middle stretch of the regular season? Jacksonville and New Orleans kicked off Week 7 by hitting the over on Thursday by more than a converted touchdown.
There are only eight teams currently above .500 on overs and the only matchup this week featuring two those teams is Green Bay at Denver where the 45.0-point total is the third-highest of the week.